- Gandhian Studies Centre at Kanya Maha Vidyalaya is infused with the spirit and dedication towards the time philosophy of the Mahatma. In this centre, we make a sincere endeavour each day to live and act by the essence of the teaching of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The Centre was formally inaugurated by Mrs. Sheila Dikshit, the Hon’ble Chief Minister, Delhi on Feb.8, 2009, with the objective of spreading the message of Mahatma Gandhi among the younger generation.
- The centre acquaints the youth with the Gandhian Ideology through various activities & programmes like seminars, lectures, workshops competition etc. Along with the academic and research oriented activities, we have devoted ourselves to the upliftment and empowerment of the disadvantaged and marginalized section of our society.
- The centre has been running Vocational Training Course for young women free of any cost. Along with making the students self-reliant and confident, we facilitate health and employment related support to them. It is our constant effort to reach out to deserving children and spread the compassion of Gandhi among all.
- Concrete contributions to the cause of environment have been made. The Centre tries to reach out to the society at large with complete commitment, dedication and resoluteness.
- Literacy drives and other upliftment ventures are carried out under the aegis of the centre.
- Women Empowerment Cell is constantly at work for providing employability to our lesser- privileged sorority. Many courses are run by cell to run the aspirants march on the path of self reliance.
- The main focus of the centre is on research on Gandhian Thought.
- Till date we have undertaken eight research projects.
- The Department library has 631 books. Published 5 books and one international journal on Gandhian Thought.
The Centre has collaboration with Department of Gandhian Centre, P.U Chandigarh and Gandhi Darshan & Samriti, New Delhi.
100% of students. Mostly Students are working at their own home. Some have their own Beauty Parlours and boutiques.