The department of Extra Curricular Activities at KMV strives to excel in striking a balance between syllabus, curriculum, books and co-curricular activities beyond them, envisioning to enhance the complete personality of the students to strongly face the testing road of the future. Kanya Maha Vidyalaya plays a pivotal role in channelizing the dormant energy of its students into the fruitful direction of personality development through extra- curricular activities. The department of ECA at KMV is brimming with activities throughout the year. The department charts Annual Programme Planner every year and finalises various projects to be undertaken which directly benefit students, society and the nation. Students participate in many cultural programmes and competitions like Essay writing, Quiz, Story writing, poetry, singing, dancing, acting, painting, modelling, mobile Quiz, Debate, Elocution, slogan writing, poster-making and many awareness enhancement and social extension activities from time to time. They also celebrate important days of national and international importance. The students in collaboration with various NGO’s like Rotary, Jaycees, Lions, Pahal, Arrive Safe and Goonj, organise many events like Tree Plantation, Blood Donation, Traffic awareness seminars, Women Safety awareness rallies, Say No to drugs campaign to name a few. The students actively prepare and participate in items for Zonal, Inter- Zonal, North Zone and Intervarsity Youth Festivals. These activities positively impact students’ emotional, intellectual, social, and inter-personal – development. They encourage interactions that are essential for building a strong civil society. Each activity offers students an opportunity to work with others and gain essential life skills. By working together with other individuals, students learn to negotiate well, communicate effectively, resolve conflict and lead others. They understand the importance of critical thinking, time management and academic and intellectual competence. Involvement in co-academic activities helps students mature socially by providing a setting for student interaction, relationship formation and discussion. Primarily, the intention is to make the ‘scholar’ students become fit and ready for the challenges in future life and develop a sense of healthy competition and cooperation, enhance leadership qualities, make them diligent and punctual, build team spirit and to augment the latent creative talents and skills which promote values of courtesy, mutual respect and tolerance.
2017-2018 Trail of Success …
- Students lifted 2nd Runners Up Trophy and Ms. Muskan won the title “Ms. Festocom” at DAV College, Jalandhar
- Students lifted 2nd Runners Up Trophy by winning 16 top positions in various items
- The KMV youth festival team won 21 positions in Youth Festival 2017
- Ms. Pardeep Kaur won the title Ms. Jalandhar 2017 organised by PTC Punjabi and she was among top 3 finalists for Ms World Punjaban
- Ms Pardeep kaur Won the Title “Dhee Punjab Dee” She was awarded a cash prize of Rs 51000/- , Phulkari and citation at Kirpal Sagar Academy Rahon
- Ms. Priyanshi Manhass won the title “ Ms Himachal Beauty Angel” 2018
- Ms Amandeep Kaur won the title “Sohna Pehrava”
- Ms. Navroop Kaur won the title “sohna Mukhda”
- Three students bagged the Titles “ Saru Warga Kadd”, “Nakhre Patti Mutyar” and “Tor Punjaban Di” in Hamdard Virasaati Mela at Kapurthala
Throughout the academic year students keep participating in numerous competitions. Such activities are also pleasurable and offer students the prospect to spend time with people of analogous interests. It helps students meet friends from different social groups and also acts as a de-stressor from the rigorous demands of their usual academic workload.