Failed & Compartment Candidates
- No student shall be eligible for admission to Master’s degree programme in any of the faculties unless she has successfully completed three years of an undergraduate degree or earned prescribed number of credits for an undergraduate degree through the examination conducted by a university/ autonomous institution or possesses such qualifications as recognized by the concerned university as equivalent to an undergraduate degree.
- Students who have been placed under compartment in 10+2 examination are eligible for admission provisionally, subject to their clearing the compartment by December of the same year, failing which their provisional admission shall stand cancelled automatically and no claim of refund will be entertained.
(This condition is subject to the order/instruction issued by the university from time to time.)
- Failed and compartment candidates from other colleges will not be admitted.
Students Migrating from Punjab / Punjabi University
Students migrating from Punjab/ Punjabi University will be required to produce the following documents at the time of admission :
- Original Certificate and detailed marks card of the lower examination passed by them.
- Migration certificate, in original, issued by the University from which they are migrating.
- Students migrating from Punjab/ Punjabi University will not be required to produce eligibility certificate. They will, however, be required to produce migration certificate and pay university migration fee.
Students Migrating from Other Universities / Boards
All students migrating from other Universities/ Boards (except Punjab University/Punjabi University/PSEB) must obtain eligibility certificate from GNDU., Amritsar at the time of admission to this college. For this purpose, they should apply beforehand to the University on prescribed application/eligibility form along with the following documents:
- Detailed Marks Certificate, in original, of the lower examination from the University/Board
- Migration Certificate, in original, issued by the University/Board
- 10th DMC (Only for NIOS Board, New Delhi)
In case a student is unable to produce eligibility certificate at the time of admission, she may take provisional admission at her own risk and responsibility. Decision of the University, in such cases, will be final and the candidate will have no claim whatsoever against the College/University if her provisional admission is cancelled by the University. (Students admitted provisionally should submit the required documents.)
Students opting for Punjab History & Culture / Basic Punjabi should read the following & submit an affidavit (specimen given) to the Principal at the time of Admission
Candidates relating to any of the following categories shall be allowed to select Punjab History and Culture or Basic Punjabi in place of Punjabi Compulsory at Under–Graduate level. Such candidates shall submit in 1st Semester/year only an affidavit (specimen enclosed) of the value of Rs. 3/- attested by Local Executive Magistrate. In case the candidates are not-resident of Punjab State, they shall submit domicile certificate of the state concerned from the competent authority. The Principal of the college/ Head of the Department shall keep the affidavit / domicile certificate in record and certify the concerned category at the time of submitting Registration Returns to the University.
A candidate is an employee or employee’s son/ daughter serving in the Government / Non-Government/ Central Government/ Security Forces who has stayed outside Punjab/ Chandigarh (U.T.) for at least 10 years immediately before the admission and has not studied Punjabi up to Matric Level.
A Candidate who has passed plus two examinations with Punjab History and Culture subjects in Place of Punjabi Compulsory from Punjab School Education Board, Mohali.
A Candidate who has passed Matriculation examination from outside Punjab State / Chandigarh (U.T.) without Punjabi Subject.
A Candidate who is neither a Domicile of Punjab State nor her mother Tongue is Punjabi and has not studied Punjabi Subject up to Matric / Hr. Sec. Part I/II, 10+2 / Pre University Level.
A Candidate who is an N.R.I. or a Foreigner.
The Candidate who has migrated to this University before or passing B.A./B.Sc./B.Com. part I examination and has not studied Punjabi Compulsory subject in the previous University may also select Punjab History and Culture in place of Punjabi Compulsory.
- Foreign students must produce the certificates of eligibility from GNDU, Amritsar and equivalency certificate from Association of Indian Universities, 16-Kotla Marg, New Delhi at the time of admission, in the absence of which their applications of admission will not be considered.
- A foreign student must possess ‘Student Visa’ before admission. Students coming on ‘Tourist Visa’ will not be admitted unless they produce approval of Govt. of India.
Examination Not Recognised
Students who have passed their lower examination from any private University only regular students within the campus of such university shall be eligible to take admission in any course as per unviersity eligibility rules. Off campus students from such type of universities will not be eligible. Examination conducted by the Central Board of Higher Education, Tilak Nagar, Delhi and any other examination not recognized as equivalent to the corresponding examination of GNDU. Students who have passed such examinations are not to be given admission even provisionally. Students having passed B.Sc. Fashion Designing from Annamalai University under distance education are not eligible to take admission in the next class as per decision of Hon’ble Punjab & Haryana High Court vide case CWP No. 7139 of 2009.
Late Declaration of Result
- Candidates whose results are to be announced late are allowed to join the next higher class provisionally but they should submit an affidavit duly attested by Ist Class Magistrate or self declaration duly signed by Parents, provided they pass or satisfy the percentage condition. Otherwise their admission will stand cancelled and they will have no claim against the college.
- A student whose result is published late by GNDU or another recognized University/Board can be admitted without late fee within twelve working days (excluding two transit days) from the date of declaration of result by University/Board.
Candidates who have passed their lower examination from other Board/University recognized by GNDU without Punjabi (Compulsory) and/or one elective subject, may be allowed to study in the next class provisionally subject to clearing the deficient subjects of B.A./B.Sc. I/II Sem and III/IV sem. examinations, as the case may be in two admissible chances. In case, she fails to qualify the deficient subject/s her provisional admission in B.A./ B.Sc. Sem. III & Sem. V class shall stand automatically cancelled and she shall have no claim whatsoever against the college where she is admitted to or the university.
- Please note that regarding the eligibility for admission to a particular class, the decision of GNDU is final. Therefore, students who have passed their lower examinations from Universities or Boards other than Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Punjab University, Chandigarh, Punjabi University, Patiala and Punjab School Education Board, S.A.S. Nagar, Mohali are advised to bring their eligibility certificates from GNDU, Amritsar at the time of admission. In case a student is unable to produce eligibility certificates at the time of her admission, she may take provisional admission at her own risk and responsibility. At any later stage, if her provisional admission is cancelled by the University, the college will not be responsible for any loss, whatsoever, to the candidate and no claim of refund will be entertained.
- Courses and eligibility rules given here are subject to amendment/additions approved by the competent authority of the university.