Ranked amongst top colleges nationally in Best Value for Money for BBA and B.Com as per the rankings of India Today, the department has carved a niche for itself in the field of education. Ever since its inception in 1981, PG Dept. of Commerce and Business Administration has been touching new horizons with every coming dawn. The department has a number of firsts to its credits. When Commerce as an educational choice was a distant one for women, B.Com Degree course was introduced in KMV. In order to keep pace with recent trends, we kept on adding new courses like BBA, M.Com, PGDFS, B.Com Honours (Three year Degree Course), CA Foundation Programme and Companies Secretary (CS) Programme , which were again the pioneer endeavours of the Dept. Over the years, the performance of Commerce Department has grown from strength to strength. The teaching in all the programmes is done through interactive sessions in the classrooms through videos, audios, tutorials and group discussions. Besides classroom teaching, practical exposure is given to the students through industrial visits, seminars, workshops etc. The department has an active Commerce Association named “Young Biz Consortium” consisting of nominated student representatives with the senior teachers of the department as its Advisors. To break the monotony of the routine schedule, several extracurricular activities are organised by this association. The dept, has a regular feature of organizing an Inter-college Competition “BRAINSTORM”, to provide a platform to the students to showcase their talent and creativity. To inculcate entrepreneurial and professional skills in the students, Commerce Mela-Students Endeavour is organised every year by by the dept. The faculty members of the department regularly participate in seminars, workshops and conferences at the State/National/International levels organized by various educational institutions and Universities. To exploit the research potential of the faculty and students, department has taken an initiative of publishing two ISSN/ ISBN numbered annual journals, one by teachers and other by students. The University Gazettes bear testimony to the outstanding performance of the students in the Final exams, where our students have been consistently bagging the top university positions, The alumnae have also done us proud and brought laurels to their alma mater by their prestigious positions in various educational institutions and corporate sector.
- Second Rank Nationally in Best Value for Money for BBA as per the rankings of India Today.
- Ranked amongst the top colleges for B.Com as per the rankings of India Today.
- On Campus Oral Coaching for CA Foundation Programme
- On Campus caching for Companies Secretary (CS) Programme
- Guidance for preparation of UGC Test and other Competitive Exams
- Special Classes for Career Counseling, Communication Skills , Interview Skills, Resume writing and Personality Development
- On and Off Campus Placements
- Practical Training for Filing of Income Tax Returns and Filling up Banking Forms etc.
- Practical exposure through visits to Industries, Banks and Stock Exchanges.
- One Major Research and Three Minor Research projects funded by UGC have been submitted by the faculty.
- A project under Seed Money titled “Social Networking Sites: A comparative study of youth belonging to urban and rural area (A study of women colleges in Jalandhar city)”has been initiated by two teachers Ms Rashmi Bindra & Ms Namita Kochhar of PG Department of Commerce & Business Administration.
- Research publications of the Faculty in refereed International and National Journals
- One faculty member has been awarded a “ Best Paper Award”
- Three faculty members are pursuing Ph.d.
- Annual Research Publication of the Dept, titled “ INDIAN JOURNAL OF EMPIRICAL RESEARCHES IN COMMERCE AND MANAGEMENT” , Annual Refereed Journal with ISSN No. 2454-2903
- Student Research Publication – Wings: A Flight towards Excellence with ISBN No. 93-5181-223-5