Introduction of Department
Department of Sanskrit established since 1886 offer undergraduate Ph.D in collaboration. Department of Sanskrit is the only Department in Punjab and Haryana to introduce Computational Sanskrit in Under Graduate Classes. Computational Sanskrit is highly beneficial for the growth of the students and equips them well to face the challenges of this highly competitive world UNDER GNDU. The strength of department is its faculty who is recognized across globe for its research and teaching skills. Department has research project and seminar sanction by UGC New Delhi.
Department Overview and Highlights:
- Our Department is the only Department in Punjab and Haryana to introduce COMPUTATIONAL SANSKRIT as a Practical Exam for 20 Marks in under graduate classes.
- The Department Organizes Annual Workshop on Computational Sanskrit for Career Enhancement.
- The Merit holders of the Department awarded Merit Scholarship in Sanskrit at National Level by each Year Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi.
- The students of our Department submit E-Assignments and also make E-Projects which are checked online by the HOD. This is a very good initiative on the part of the Department to keep the Students abreast with the latest developments in the field of education and technology .This initiative is also remarkable because we are trying to amelgom traditional subject like Sanskrit with the latest advents in Technology.
- The Students of the Department won laurels for the Institution by bagging Top prizes in National Sanskrit Bhashan and Shalokocharan Pratiyogita.
- To improve the writing and Speaking Skills of the Department organizes Annual Competitions like Sanskrit Sulekh Pratiyogita, Sanskrit Black Board Writing, Blackboard Test ,Sanskrit Quiz, sanskrit Paper Reading Competitions etc.
- The Students of the Department participate every year in Maharshi Vishwamitra Ved –Ved and Karyashala organized by Vishveshwaranand Vishavbandhu Institute of Sanskrit and Indological Studies at Punjab University, Hoshiarpur.
- The Department organize d a Ten Day Sanskrit Speaking Workshop for the Students faculty and citizens of the Jalandhar City.
- The Department in Collaboration with Maharshi Sandeepani Rashtriya Ved Vidya Pratishthaan, Ujjain (Under Ministry Of Human Resource development , Govt Of India) organized a series of 100 Vedic Lectures .
- The Department organized an Exhibition on SCIENCE and SANSKRIT where around 500 posters elated to the subjects were displayed.
- The Department has well Equipped Departmental Library which is very useful for the students and faculty of the Department and creative talents of the Students.
- The students of our department visited various School of Sanskrit and Indic Studies Jawahar Lal University, New Delhi, Depatment Of Sanskrit, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar, Department of Sanskrit, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, Vishveshwaranand Vedic Research Institute and Ideological Studies, Hoshiarpur. (Punjab University, Chandigarh) during the academic Session 2019-2020.
- Result: Every year 100% result and students got Merit in the subject of Sanskrit.