INSTITUTION’S INNOVATION COUNCIL (IIC)
Kanya Maha Vidyalaya, Jalandhar, the Autonomous & Heritage Institution has established Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) as per the norms of MHRD Innovation Cell (MIC) of Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- The main aim of IIC at KMV is to encourage young talented minds to participate in the entrepreneurial initiatives by providing them a perfect platform for showcasing their talents, working together as teams and participate in various competitions.
- To create an innovative environment for the students to discover, develop, deploy their skills and talents.
- To foster an entrepreneurial culture, by providing the students opportunities to transform their innovative ideas to reality.
- To promote new technology/knowledge/ innovation-based start-ups by providing initial funding to students to work on idea to develop with commercial product.
- To conduct seminars and workshops by renowned entrepreneurs, government officials and experts from different fields to guide and motivate students towards entrepreneurship.
- Institution’s Innovation Council at Kanya Maha Vidyalaya (KMV), Jalandhar was awarded ‘Gold Stars’ by MHRD’s Innovation Cell (Govt. of India), for its commitment and dedication in organising various activities to promote entrepreneurial and innovative culture among the students and faculty.
- Kanya Maha Vidyalaya’s IICwasselected among the few institutes all over the country by MHRD’s Innovation Cell (Govt. of India) to organiseImpact Lecture Sessions. The Impact Lecture Sessions were organised to encourage the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship in young minds.The experts in the field of entrepreneurship and innovation were invited to address some of the critical issues faced by entrepreneurs like business-plan writing, design thinking, funding one’s own venture, risk management, financial analysis, opportunities of innovation and entrepreneurship available in certain sectors, etc.
- Institution’s Innovation Council celebrated ‘Innovation Day’to mark the birth anniversary of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam. For systematically fostering the culture of innovation among the students following activities were organized on Innovation Day:
- Poster Making Competition on the theme “Sustainability and Innovation”
- Business Plan Competition.
- Success Story Telling by alumni of KMV, who are successfully running their entrepreneurial ventures.
- Picturisation of Short Film on innovative and entrepreneurial initiatives at KMV, Jalandhar.
- To develop the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship among students, a workshop on ‘Business Model Canvas’ was organized by Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC).
- A one-day workshop on‘Design Thinking & Innovation’ was organised by Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) to encourage the spirit of innovation in young minds and to make them familiar with the concept of design thinking & innovation.
- A one-day workshop on‘Entrepreneurship as Career Option for Women’ was organised by Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC)to encourage entrepreneurial culture among students and to acquaint them about the prospects and problems of women entrepreneurship, and various career options available for women in this field.
- The members of Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) participated inLEADERSHIP TALK SERIES(20 live talks) on Twitter, organised by MDRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC)and hosted by Dr. Abhay Jere, Chief Innovation Officer, MHRD, Government of India, The talks were delivered by eminent personalities like Abhishek Suryawansi, Director, Wikipedia Swastha, Prof. K Vijay Raghavan, Principal Scientific Adviser, Government of India, Prof. Anil D.Sahasrbudhe, Chairman, AICTE, Prof. Partha Chakraborty,Chairman, National Digital Library,Mr. Abhishek Singh, CEO, My Gov, Dr. VK Saraswat, Member NITI, Ms. Shradha Sharma, Founder, and Chief Editor, YourStory, Mr. Ronnie Screwvala, Chairman UpGrad , Padma Shri, Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary Ministry of Ayush, Govt of India, Dr. Madhuri Kanitkar,Lieutenant General, and many more.
- The members of Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) participated in 18E-SESSIONS organised by MDRD’s Innovation Cell (MIC). The resource persons were eminent personalities from the field of innovation, entrepreneurship, incubation, design thinking and IPR.
- Students of Kanya Maha Vidyalaya, Jalandhar went on 15 days industrial visit at Gujarat Borosil Ltd., Bharuch, Gujarat. Students learned about preparation and applications of toxic free glasses.
- Organised an extension lecture on “Intellectual Property Rights”. The resource person was Dr. K.S. Nagla, Associate Professor and Head, Instrumentation and Control Engineering, NIT Jalandhar.
- In order to foster entrepreneurship skills, Business Plan Competition was organized by IIC. There was an overwhelming response. 16 teams comprising of 54 students from various departments of college participated with great zeal and enthusiasm.
- Logo-making Competition was organised to provide the creative outlet and understand business application by designing logos specific to the requirements of the students participating in Business-plan competition.
- A One-day Awareness workshop on National Innovation & Start-up Policy (NISP)was organised to give participants an insight into the essential elements of NISP.
- IIC organised a ‘One Day Exhibition by Budding Entrepreneurs’ to promote the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship among students. The exhibition provided them a platform to understand the basic concept of design ideas, packaging, presentation and marketing.
- Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) conducted an inter-college Quiz Competition to encourage the students to widen their knowledge on innovation, skill development and entrepreneurship. The competition was titled as “Innovation & Entrepreneurship Quiz 2020”.
- CelebratedNational Science Day on the theme “Women in Science”.
- Students of Kanya Maha Vidyalaya, Jalandhar attended two weeks industrial training at Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Amritsar, Punjab.
- Students were provided various vocational training and skill development programs in the areas ofDesign / Tooling / CAD / CAM / CNC Program, Product Development / Processing of Plastics / Machine Maintenance, Testing and Quality Improvement, Electrical, Electronics, Hardware & Networking, Industrial Automation & Maintenance, Information & Communication Technology
- OrganisedEducational Trip to Central Scientific Instruments Organisation (CSIO), a National Laboratory dedicated to Research, Design and Development of Scientific and Industrial instruments.
- Organized a One Day Exhibition titled ‘World Vision 2050 through Science’. This was conducted as Exhibition cum Mentorship Session for student innovators.
- One-Day Interactive Session ‘Hang Out with Successful Start-Ups’was organized by Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC). 8 successful entrepreneurs from different fields like fashion designing, retail, journalism, animation, beauty and wellness, and nutrition, interacted with the students and shared their real experiences to give the reality check of the opportunities and the difficulties to start up a venture. They encouraged students to think out of the box and come up with innovative start up ideas.
- A Field Visit to Pritam Film Production Pvt. Ltd. was organised with an objective to give students the exposure of the animation film production process.
- One-Day Interactive Session on ‘How to plan for Start-up and legal and Ethical Steps’ was organized to develop creative thinking and problem-solving skill in students to cater the legal and ethical needs of a start-up.
- Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) organized webinar on the topic “Innovate to Lead”. The expert talk was given by Prof. (Dr.) Jyoti Rana, Dean (Skill Faculty of Management Studies) and Dean (Student Welfare Department), Sri Vishwakarma Skill University, Gurugram. Session was organized with an objective to develop an innovative leader among participants.
- Slogan Writing Competition was organizedto celebrate ‘World Creativity & Innovation Day’. The purpose of the competition was to create awareness among the students regarding the increasing importance of innovation in today’s world. The theme of slogan writing competition was ‘creativity and innovation’.
Click here to Download National INNOVATION & STARTUP Policy 2019 for Students and Faculty
||Prof. (Dr.) Atima Sharma Dwivedi
||Ms. Rashmi Sharma
||Dr. Neetu Chopra
||Ms. Arti Thakur
||Ms. Rashmi Bindra/ Ms. Chetna
||Start up Activity Coordinator
||Dr. Narinderjit Kaur/Mr. Dinesh Kumar
||Innovation Activity Coordinator
||Ms. Namita Kochhar / Ms. Vibhuti Kalia
||Internship Activity Coordinator
||Ms. Ritu / Ms. Arti Thakur
||Social Media Coordinator
||Dr. Surbhi Sharma/Ms. Prabhdeep Kaur
||IPR Activity Coordinator