The Internal Quality assurance Cell (IQAC) has been established in the college on 30/08/2004 at the instance of the National assessment and accreditation Council (NAAC) as a post accreditation quality sustenance measure. IQAC aims to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the institution. It acts as a nodal unit of the Institution for augmenting quality – related activities and is responsible for development and application of innovative practices in various programmes / activities leading to quality enhancement.
IQAC functions with the objective of ensuring continuous improvement in the entire operations of the college. It also seeks to ensure stakeholders connected with higher education, namely parents, teachers, staff, would be employers, funding agencies and society in general, of its own quality and probity. A dedicated office has been provided for IQAC on the campus. Its smooth functioning is handled by the coordinator with the help of a committee of staff members.
IQAC functions with the objective of ensuring continuous improvement in the entire operations of the college. It also seeks to ensure stakeholders connected with higher education, namely parents, teachers, staff, would be employers, funding agencies and society in general, of its own quality and probity.
- Development and application of quality parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution
- Documentation of the various programmes/ activities leading to quality improvement
- Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes
- Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
- Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices
- Dissemination of information through national Survey on Higher Education All India Survey on Higher Education (AISHE).
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining/enhancing the institutional quality
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC
Strategies IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic, administrative and financial tasks
- The relevance and quality of academic and research programmes
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of the support structure and services
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad
Benefits IQAC will facilitate / contribute:
- towards a heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement and facilitate internalization of the quality culture.
- towards the enhancement and integration among the various activities of the institution and institutionalize many good practices.
- to provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning