Seed Money Policy for Research
Kanya Maha Vidyalaya seeks to strengthen research and innovation activities in the college by motivating teachers and students who are not getting external funding. For this, it is desirable to have Seed money scheme. This will enable the faculty and students to engage in research work until sponsored projects from outside agencies are secured.
- Faculty should be working fulltime with the college and should have at least M. Phil degree.
- They have to sign an agreement that He/she will continue to work with the institution till the project is completed. In case the PI is leaving the institute, then he/she must deposit the granted seed money amount and assets created thereon to the office before leaving the institute.
- The PI should not be availing another grant from external agency for the same project.
- The PI should publish at least one research papers along with the names of co-investigators in UGC approved list of Journals.
- Seed money will be provided for only one project/scheme to an individual.
- The department of PI should have basic infrastructure to support research.
All the faculties including Social Sciences, Commerce, Languages, IT, Performing Arts and Sciences can avail seed money grant for research projects. One faculty member must choose two students as team members and proposal can be submitted to meet Recurring expenses, and/or Non-Recurring. Applications will be screened by expert committee in Dean Research office and short listed applicants will be asked to make presentations. Based on recommendations of expert committee seed money will be allocated up to Maximum Rs.30, 000 per project. One team can submit one project proposal only. Different documentation formats associated with project can be availed from Dean Research and can also be downloaded from college website. Selected Principal Investigators will have to submit progress report at the end of each semester. Duration of project will be of 1 year and extendable if required depending on progress made.
The funds will be released in two parts. First part 50% to be released at the time of sanction and the second part will be given only after recommendations by the mid-term review by the expert committee. For any further queries please contact Dr.Jatinder Pal, Dean Research.
- Equipment (Minor equipment only)
- Books and Journals
The equipment as well as books & journals grants may be utilized to procure the essential equipment and books & journals needed for the proposed research work. The equipment and books & journals acquired by the Principal Investigator under a Project must be deposited to Institution after the completion of the project.
- Hiring Services
This is meant for specialized technical work, such as sample analysis, for which the University/Institution either has no infrastructure or such services are available on payment basis.
The admissible contingency grant may be utilized on spares for apparatus, photo-stat copies and microfilms, typing, stationary, postage, internet, fax, computation and printing needed for the project. Expenditure towards the audit fee may also be claimed under contingency head.
- Special Needs
Assistance may be provided for any other special requirement in connection with the project which is not covered under any other ‘Head’ of assistance under the scheme.
- Chemicals and Consumables
To meet expenditure on chemicals, glassware and other consumable items
- Travel and Field Work
The amount allocated under the head travel/field work is to be utilized for data collection and collection of other information such as documents and visit to libraries within the general scope and sphere of the ongoing project. This should not be used for attending conferences, seminars, workshops and training courses etc. They may also avail special casual leave/duty leave for field work/collection of data as per rules. This grant is not meant for lodging in case of outstation visits.
- In each year faculty will be given “Award of Excellence in Research” of Rs. 10000/- approximately. Research outcome will be evaluated as per latest CAS UGC guidelines. Only those research activities will be considered for award where the researcher has acknowledged KMV as their working institution. Senior and junior categories will be decided according to Nature of job of the applicant.
- Awards will also be given separately/ award of Rs. 2000/- to UG and PG students under Faculty of Languages, Science, Social Science, IT and Performing Arts. Each faculty will short list the research activities of students and submit the same to the research committee.
Duty Leave for Research
To attend seminar/conference/workshops duty leave applications, along with acceptance of letter/invitation letter, should be submitted to Research cell, IQAC one month prior to the seminar/conference/workshops. Certificate of participation must also be submitted to Research Cell, IQAC after attending the conference.