Financial Aid to Students 2020–21
Scholarships are awarded to merit students to acknowledge their achievements and motivate them to achieve academic excellence in their further studies. Concessions are provided to economically weak students to pursue their further education and realize their true potentials. Concessions and incentives are provided to sports students to hone their talents and to bring laurels to the institution and the country . Special concessions are granted to deserving students under various categories . The Scholarship committee decides the concessions and incentives to be given to the students. The decision of the principal is final.
Scholarships /Concessions For Meritorious Students
For 1st Year students (BA/B.Sc/B.Com/BBA/BCA/B.Voc)
(On the basis of Marks in 10+2 Exam in any board)
|| Annual Concession
|93% and above
||Full Freeship (Only Compulsory Charges)
For students of Undergraduate Programs and students of Post Graduate Programs (BA/B.Sc./B.Com/BBA/BCA/M.A/M.Sc/B.Voc)
(On the basis of Position in Merit List)
|1st in Class
|2nd in Class
|3rd in Class
|Father expired/Single Mother
|Single Girl Child
Sports Scholarship : Full Freeship, hostel, coaching etc.
Defense Personnel: Full Freeship for the ward of Martyr’s and Rs. 5000 for the ward of Armed Personnel
Economically Weak Students : A Student can take admission with Rs. 5000/-. The concession will be decided by the Scholarship Committee.
Note: Student has to fill scholarship form with in the stipulated time period announced by the college and attach the mandatory supporting documents depending upon the type or nature of scholarship. Application received late or without supporting documents will not be considered. A student can avail only one scholarship at a time
The following Scholarships / Stipends are provided by various bodies:
- Post Matric scholarship/ Stipends to SC/BC students.
- Government, University, Minority Scholarships/ Stipends.
- State Merit Scholarships and National Scholarships of Central and State Governments for poor and brilliant Students.
- National Talent Scheme Award Scholarship.
- Sports Talent Scholarship under N.S.O. scheme.
- Scholarships to deserving students by Manav Sahyog Society, M.L.Nanda Charitable Trust , Lions Club , Rotary Club & Other private donors.
Every year prizes are awarded to the students for their outstanding achievements in the field of academics, extra-curricular activities and sports. In addition to this students are also rewarded/honoured for their innovation, creativity, leadership & initiative in their respective streams. Categories of prizes given to students:
- Outstanding Achievements
- Initiative & Leadership
- Young Entrepreneurs
- Effort grade
- Maximum visit to library
- 100% attendance
- Saraswati Devi Gold medal with a cash prize of Rs. 1000/- donated by Sh. Surinder Nath, Ex- Governor, Punjab.
- Virendra Ji Award donated by Sh. Chander Mohan (Rs. 1000/-+ a medal to two best students in extra- curricular activities).
- Raj Laxmi Virendra Ji award donated by Sh. Chander Mohan (Rs. 1000/-+ a trophy to two best students in extra- curricular activities).
- Vidyawati Memorial Award donated by Sh. R.C Singh (Rs. 1000/-+ a trophy to the student best in studies as well as extra-curricular activities).
- Two Sh. Satish Loomba Awards (rs. 500/-+ a trophy each to the students best in Humanities and commerce groups respectively).
- Two Prem Loomba Awards (Rs.400/- + a trophy each to the students best in Science group & Computer studies respectively).
- Ram Pyari Shastri Award to the student getting marks in Sanskrit (Trophy).
- Six Shakuntala Loomba Awards of Rs.500/- each to the best hostel students for social service (Trophy + Cash ).
- Awards for Balbir Raj Sondhi and Raj Mohini Sondhi Family Charitable Trust to the students getting First, Second & Third positions in the University & Board Examinations. Free books are also given to needy students by the same Trust.
- Two Dr. Shashi Jain memorial Cash Prizes of Rs.2500/- each to the best students in Psychology (Trophy+Cash).
- Bimla Yog Prakash Cash Award of Rs.1100/- for excellence in Science (Trophy + Cash).
- Rahul Dev Sharma Memorial Award of Rs. 2000/- for excellence in Commerce (Trophy + Cash).
- Mohinder Kaur Randhawa Memorial Award for excellence in Computers to the I.T students securing first four merit positions in G.N.D.U exams (Trophy + Cash).
- Ramesh Chander Sharma Award for All Round Best student of the year (Trophy + Cash).
- Satish and Usha Kapila Award for Best Speaker (Trophy + Cash).
- Kesar Singh Memorial Award for Best Student of B.A. (Hons. School in English) (Trophy + Cash).
- Dilbagh Singh Gill Award for Best Student in Maths (Trophy + Cash).
- Subash Chander Award for excellence in Commerce (Trophy + Cash).
- Swarup Anand Awars for Best Student in Elective English (Trophy + Cash).
- Two Sh. Smt. Gurdev kaur Dhindsa Effort Grade Award (only Cash).
- Krishna Puri Nand Mathematics Award (KPNMA) for M.Sc. Mathematics student (Full Freeship).