DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW AND HIGHLIGHTS
Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it
The department of History at KMV since its inception in 1952 is providing quality and innovative education besides carrying out research activities. The department has competent faculty who attempt to engage students with multiple perspectives on various themes in order to enable them to analyse those perspectives critically.The faculty is regularly finding out creative and innovative method of teaching. The faculty is engaged in research publications in peer reviewed journals of national and international repute. They also present papers in various seminars, workshops, national and international conferences.
The department has set-up an Archives which has digitalised and conserved rare and old books. Students are taken to historical places and many educational trips/tours are arranged for them to promote and inculcate research activities amongst them. They also bring laurels to the department and college by participating in regional, state and national level competitions. Students are motivated to organise events within and outside college to hone their leadership and managerial skills. History (Honours) students at KMV have set record in sweeping all top university merit positions.
History Pass outs find work in different fields and in many different roles as Archivists, Curators, Conservators, Historians, Civil Servants, Teachers and Researchers.
- The main aim of the department is to promote research oriented teaching and learning in history and also to create realization among students about the significance and relevance of History to understand our rich heritage.
- The Vision is to help the students to become good academicians, administrators, parliamentarians, politicians, writers, lawyers, journalists and leaders
- The mission is of the department is to make students good citizens who would promote patriotism, universal -brotherhood, peace and harmony in the world
- The faculty has to credit one Minor Research Project granted by the UGC ,
- In addition the faculty has conducted three surveys and two research projects under the ageis of UGC funded byGandhian Studies Centre
- About 30 Papers Published by the faculty in International, National Journals and Books
- 60 Papers Presented by the faculty at International and National Seminars
- Faculty has acted as Resource Persons in Academic / Workshops at National and State level events as well as within the college for various Innovative Programmes like School for Personality Development, Foundation Programme and Moral Education Lectures
- Faculty is also conducting training programs for JCI and Rotary Club of Jalandhar
- One of the Faculty member is certified Zone Trainer
- The ultimate objective is to see our students excel in every walk of life
- To chisel the personalities of the students to make them confident and self-reliant
Dr Gurjot Kaur-9814406986
Dr Monica Sharma- 7986840951