- Pen drives
- Educational CD’s
- Departmental library( no of books in the dpt- 30)
- Number of books in the main library 139
About the Subject
A Key subject in Social Sciences, Sociology is the LIFE LINE OF HUMANITIES, and is considered to be the best subject in Social Sciences, I.A.S. and Allied Services. Key features of the Department are
- Internet videos of selective topics are shown.
- CDs of related topics are shown.
- Daily 5 to 7 minutes are spent in classes revising what was discussed the previous day and questions from students are encouraged in class
- The students are encouraged to take weekly tests.
- Students are given topics, they prepare power point presentations. Seminars are held where students ask questions from their classmates.
- To encourage the visit to library, students are also given topics relating to their syllabus on which they make project assignments which they using material from library.
- Special classes and extra time is devoted for slow learners and advanced learners.
- A chart, showing availability of teachers in their free periods, is put on notice board of the department, so that students can discuss their individual subject problems.
- Educational visits are organised from time to time.
- Group study is encouraged.