- Star College by DBT (Govt. of India)
- FIST supported by DST
- Designated College with Potential for Excellence
- Accredited ‘A’ by UGC-NAAC
- Kaushal Kendra by UGC, MHRD, Govt. of India and first College under GNDU to have been granted Kaushal Kendra
- Best College in Punjab as per the Surveys
A Student Friendly System
For Semesters I & II
- Degrees will be awarded by Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Continuous assessment to decrease students’ burden
- 20% Cummulative Assessment: Marks based on attendance (5%), class performance (5%) & Mid Semester Test (10%)
- End Semester weightage: 80%
- End Semester Exams to be conducted by college itself
- Compact date-sheet for exams
- Transparent Evaluation
- Timely declaration of results
- Immediate appeal and quick redresssal of grievances
- More teaching days for students
- In odd semester, MST will be conducted in 3rd week of September and in Even Semester in 1st week of March (Schedule may vary if contingencies so demand).
- Retests will be conducted only for those students who have missed the MST due to participation in college-sponsored activities and any other extraordinary circumstances, with special permission from Principal.
- There is no condition of minimum passing marks in the continuous assessment.
- A student has to clear the End Semester Examination of each course individually.
- The student has to get minimum passing marks in aggregate of CA & End Semester Examination in each course. (Theory, Practical, Seminar, Viva, Project etc.)
- For the Programmes under CBCEGS, the grades will be provided on the scale of 10 along with the percentage.
- A student may change her Subject/Programme within one month from the start of semester
- All the students must have a minimum of 75% attendance to appear in End Semester Examination.
- Lectures may be condoned by the Principal as per policy.
- Students getting top positions in their respective programmes and in individual courses in End Semester Examination will be awarded prizes/certificates