- To create an enabling environment within the KMV to foster a research culture.
- To create, maintain and enhance infrastructure to enable conduct of state-of the-art research
- To ensure adequate support to faculty, researchers and students in their research activities through internal and external funding.
- To ensure publications in quality journals indexed in Scopus/Web of Science and/or with impact factor.
- To encourage faculty to undertake interdisciplinary and socially useful research with potential for commercialization.
- To establish Research Centres within the institutions and extend research consultancy to outsiders.
- To encourage the faculty to enter research collaborations and linkages nationally and globally.
Guidelines and Instructions
- A research forum will be organized once in a month. Each department, especially post graduate departments, will showcase their respective research. The investigators, along with their students working under seed money grant, will present their ideas, findings and experiences. Research forum will also organize invited talks periodically on research methodology, IPRs and research orientation.
- The appointments and promotions will be linked to research and academic activities and strictly in accordance with UGC/Government ordinances.
- Members of the faculty should undertake research leading to quality publications capable of generation of Intellectual property rights with potential for commercialization and with social relevance.
- Research activities of teachers, research fellows and students will be supported through the grants from central, state government agencies and college funds.(for detail see Seed Money Policy).Â
- It will be ensured that research papers are published in UGC approved Journals preferably with Impact Factor. Faculty can explore the Scopus to find list of journals for their respective subjects.
- Research should be promoted at Departmental level in collaboration with students. Departments should publish journals having research papers by faculty as well as students.
- Research Award for Faculty and Students
- In case of travel from project funds, for distance more than 500 KM air fare can be availed.
- To attend seminar/conference/workshops duty leave applications, along with acceptance of letter/invitation letter, should be submitted to Research cell, IQAC one month prior to the seminar/conference/workshops. Certificate of participation must also be submitted to Research Cell, IQAC after attending the conference.
- Workshops/interactions on research methodology should be organized to promote research.
- Website for online journals should be actively used.
Researchers must in all areas of their research demonstrate Honesty and integrity. All the research activities of faculty in each area should be of good quality adhering to highest standards of ethics. The college encourages publications in journals indexed in Scopus/Web of Science. Faculty/students/research fellows must submit the undertaking that research work has not been published/presented/communicated elsewhere and all the citations are acknowledged carefully to avoid the issues involved in plagiarism.